People 1st – United Kingdom
People 1st is a unique insight driven, talent and performance management expert for employers in the UK tourism and visitor economy sector (hospitality, tourism, leisure, travel, passenger transport and retail industries).
People 1st works to raise the productivity and professionalism of the sector by helping employers tackle skills and recruitment needs. The role of People 1st is strategic, identifying industry needs, developing solutions where required in partnership with government and the education and training system to shape a skills system driven by employer demand.
Key activities of the organization include:
- Research and analysis on the sector workforce skills needs;
- Development of national occupational standards and professional standards in specific technical disciplines;
- Design, development and implementation of vocational training models including assessment strategies;
- Policy dialogue to support collaborative partnerships that include all key partners such as government ministries, education, employers and sectoral agencies;
- Development of employer-driven training courses and business solutions to support high quality human resource practices;
- Building capacity and sustainability within work-based formal and non-formal environments;
Careers information, advice and guidance through professional pathways.
Visit the People 1st website