Next Tourism Generation Alliance Workshop
On Monday 6th of May, the Next Tourism Generation project will be hosting a special workshop focusing on the implementation of the Blueprint Strategy. This Blueprint will be established in order to respond to the fast changing and increasing skills gaps in digital, green and social skills sets.
The Tourism Blueprint will address various challenges in the European tourism industry, which will be discussed during the workshop. Those actions contain:
- Improving the image of careers in tourism;
- Support transnational mobility;
- Promoting a better knowledge of skills gaps at local level;
- Raising awareness about EU funding and tools available for the sector;
- Stimulating strategic thinking at national and local level and a strategic use of EU funding.
In this way, Europe will be able to maintain its leading position amongst the world’s tourism destinations. Tourism businesses need to actively work on improving the quality and mobility of (potential) tourism employees in order to provide high quality and personalised services to all types of tourists of the future.